Thursday, April 19, 2012

A New Kitchen

I've been wanting to remodel the kitchen since the day we moved in. Two years later and my dream has come true! Thank you to Antonio who put in many hours of work removing cabinets, refinishing parts of damaged wood floors, moving plumbing, helping to install the new cabinets, and tiling the back splash. It sure is nice to have such a handy hubby, saved us a lot of money!
Before:

Renovation:

The Almost finished product:
We still have to grout the back splash, finish putting on all the hardware, and eventually refinish the rest of the hardwood floors and do something about the ugly light fixture.
We put in granite counters, new cabinets, and moved the peninsula to create more counter top and cabinet space. I love it!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

Wow-Antonio did an anwesome job! I love the backsplash and countertops! Can't wait to someday see your new house!

Jennifer said...

Are those IKEA cabinets? Mitch and I have been using their design tool on their website, and those look like the same cabinets we like.
Mitch will definitely have to get a few tips and pointers, etc. from you guys.

The Good Life said...

Hey lady! I can't find a tab to clip to follow your blog. :( do you have to invite me? Love the kitchen!