Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Finding Grace

I've been struggling with the content and delivery from Elder Packer's talk in the most recent General Conference since, well, the moment he gave it. I've spent time thinking, pondering, reading, and praying about it to come to a better understanding about what he meant by his remarks, and how to reconcile my questions and concerns with his counsel. As soon as his talk was over, I knew there was going to be some serious (and very harsh) backlash. And I freely admit that I was not at all happy or comforted immediately following his sentiments. But, in my effort to find more peace and understanding on this topic, I've been making a more earnest effort in channeling the spirit for direction and inspiration instead of just "leaning on my own understanding." I stumbled across this blog post and was so grateful for this man's willingness to be so open and candid about his life and the inherent struggles he faces. His thoughts and perspective on Elder Packer's talk has given me a much deeper appreciation for the gospel plan and the things that our Father wants for us. Perhaps some of you would benefit from reading through it as well.

http://gaymormonguy.blogspot.com/2010/10/president-packers-talk-from-gay-mormon.html

1 comment:

malxkipp said...

Hey, thanks for your post. I actually felt the exact same way. I appreciate the thoughts that were posted in that blog. Since President Packer's talk I've listened to parts of his talk again while reading the written script posted online. I noticed that a few words have been changed from the in the written form from the way he delivered it in conference. I found that very interesting. Anyway, thanks for the the link and thoughts!