Ninja rides in a Sunshine Kids Radian 80. It holds children up to 40lbs rear facing. He is 4 years, 9 months old and weighs 37lbs. I chose this particular seat over the others because it has a very low profile design and gives him the most leg room. For the record, bent legs or legs touching the backseat IS NOT a safety hazard, not is it generally uncomfortable for children. They are much more flexible than and adults and usually prefer to sit with their legs close to their body anyway.
Gambit rides in a Sunshine Kids Radian XT. It also holds up to 40lbs rear facing, though Gambit is 31lbs and 2 years, 11 months old. I chose this seat for the same reasons as Ninja's, but also for the added protection the "wings" give. They help protect the vulnerable head in side impact crashes.
Safe and snug in their rear facing seats. Please watch this video for some great info and pictures of children who comfortably ride rear facing:
And just for fun....What I do when Gambit falls asleep and I REALLY don't want him to wake up:
3 comments:
Wow - you have been one busy blogging lady! I watched your video and I'm thinking about putting Jace rear facing. He's such a light weight - 33lbs. tops. I'll have to see if I can talk Craig into it.
Good to know! Your boys are getting so big. Where does the time go? As for our newest little guy, his name is Carter Smith. You look beautiful in your header pic. Your boys are so handsome!
Oh is someone in need of another? Let me know when number three is coming, I have a lot of baby girl clothes. Our little guy is carter smith. Family names.
Post a Comment