Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let It Snow!

It sure feels more like Christmas since the snow has arrived! It's been a blustery, icy, slushy, snowy week here in the area. I love the look of all the snow and the boys get really excited about it. Gambit loves to eat it, Ninja loves to watch it fall, and Daddy likes that he doesn't have to drive all the way to work because of it. They've already announced that our church services will most likely be cancelled tomorrow. I'm bummed because we have a great musical Sacrament meeting planned that I was really excited about (of which I am playing a small violin part in Away in a Manger). I discovered this week that my boys were ill prepared for the snow. Neither of them have appropriate snow pants or boots, but they braved the wet and cold in their sweats and tennies. I have since purchased some pants for Ninja, however I still have not found any for Gambit. Antonio has the next two weeks off from work so we are happy to have Daddy around for a little while. This coming busy season is going to be tough to get through with Antonio gone for 10 out of 11 weeks (5 weeks gone, 1 week home, 5 weeks gone again).


3 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to see you guys when you come down to visit! :) It has been snowing here as well at according to the weather report we will be having a white christmas-which is always nice! :) Have fun in the snow!

bevany said...

What the...I didn't know you played the violin. I'm not a fan of the snow, but it's fun for Christmas. Looks like your boys are loving it!

Doug and Megan said...

The boys are having a blast too...Doug took Trey and Luke sledding for 3 hours on Saturday, and they still didn't want to leave! Doug couldn't make it into work today either...wouldn't it be nice if it lasted till Christmas Eve, and then he wouldn't have to go at all?